Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Halloween!

By SkeeterLook what I spotted while at Tina's "Tiger Gardens" back in August! The sun was shining perfect, illuminating this Spider Web! It was so perfectly round and reminded me of the Record Albums I played on the Turn Table in my teenage years. I still have a 8-Track, Am/FM Turn Table Stereo combination and a few of those vinyl albums! The thing still works and I listen to the AM/FM Stereo often as it is located in the office. Talk about living in the past! ha...I was back in my Georgia Garden for the Full Moon to appear from behind the tall Georgia Pine trees. Does the halo around the moon mean rain? I say yes since it arrived just after that moon...

I woke up to a scary sight on my front porch ceiling. Click on the video to see for yourself. From this Link I assume the Granddaddy's were deterring a predator, being me. The sound you hear on the video is not the Granddaddy Long Legs but the Cicada of a Georgia Summer singing their song.
The term Granddaddy Long Legs can refer to many types of insects and some are not Spiders nor are they venomous. Click HERE to learn 10 Facts about the 8-legged creatures. Yikes, Granddaddy Long Leg's Galore! There were hundreds of them on the front porch ceiling that morning! I gently knocked them off with a broom. I had them go elsewhere for their stay as the Bed & Breakfast was not open for their business!
Some were hiding out in the porch birdhouse but they too were directed elsewhere by a not so happy Me. They are harmless and they don't scare me and I even played with them as a child but I don't care to have my porch taken over by Creepy Crawlies!This Argiope (Black and Yellow Garden Spider) is also harmless to humans. But again, I did not want this visitor on my front porch. So off to the woods we directed it. Now the front porch is full of other spooky items! And just look at the mess the Spiders are making. I must get my broom again... Goblins are taking over our front woods! Ah, a closer look reveals it may be our Bunny's all dressed up for Halloween! And what is Halloween without Black Cats? Sheba must give this strange looking thing a "Cat Scan" before it is put into place to greet visitors. Ah, the Harvest Moon tells me it is about time to pluck the last of the veggies! This was 3 weeks ago but believe it or not, we still have a few peppers on the pepper plants.
Everyone have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN, In the Garden...
*Note: I will not have computer access by the time this "scheduled" post is up but will get on here when time allows to read all your wonderful comments! Have a great ghoulish weekend and be safe...

23 comments:

  1. Now I know why I have only seen one granddaddy long legs this year, there hanging around your place. Cute decorations Skeeter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Sheba wasn't too confused by her visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have ever seen a large collection of Daddylong Legs like that before. Great photo of the web!
    Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Halloween to you, too...the spooky spiders and goblin mischief was a lot of fun! gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I've never see so many daddy long legs. Good thing they are looking busy. The pictures of the misty moon and the perfect spider web are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are having a perfect Halloween... All the eeriness is in your place... I had goosebumps all over watching the video or even the pics of "Daddy long legs"... U got them or they were there to suit the season of Halloween....?????

    And gr8 Halloween decorations...Before while I worked for AOL...we decorated our work bays for Halloween...We really did not feel the spirit of Halloween, but we enjoyed decorating though....

    Love,
    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh! I remember playing with granddaddy long legs as a kid too! But not today! I love the decorations and the web, I tried to photograph one on my back porch and no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Halloween! That's the spirit! :-)

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Skeeter! I need you to come be my photographer here since you take such good shots. I had forgotten about that web. The spiders-eek! So many of them! Your fall decorations look fantastic. Have a good visit with your company.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Skeeter,
    You have captured the essence of Halloween with this post! You gave me the chills when I looked at those spiders. UCK!
    I think a spider would scare me more than a ghost.
    Nice moon shot!
    Happy Halloween to you too.
    Rosey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Halloween Skeeter! That spider web was really intricate and the spiders very creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. we have plenty of granddaddy longlegs here, too, but i've never seen so many of them together like that! gives me a good halloween shiver. ick. thanks for commenting on my blog - i'm glad to find yours. my daughter is going to flip over the incredibly cute animals in costume!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I've ever seen a spider web that was that large and that tight. It does look exactly like an album! Very cute picture of Sheba with her doppelganger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that spider web in Tiger Gardens is really awesome. As usual your photos are also. I have never seen so many spiders all in one place before. Happy Halloween to you also Skeeter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a perfect spider web! and oh my goodness ~ I've never seen a conglomeration of grand-daddy long legs like that before!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never seen so many Daddy Longlegs at one time! I don't think you should brush them off your porch, Skeeter--they add an authentic touch to all your great decorations:) Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The first thing I thought of was a record album.
    Perfect capture...keeper !!

    The spiders on the other hand...nope.

    I see you're having fun with halloween. Looks like it brings the kid out in you,enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how your bunnies are all dressed up, all your decorations look great.
    The video of the spiders gave me the creeps! I usually just see those guys one at a time luckily.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic post Skeeter. As always you take some marvelous pics. Love your decorations. Some eyes on a couple trees would look ghoulish.
    We have some decorations up here. Big blow-ups & pumpkins.
    I've never seem that many daddy long legs together. I use to play with them when I was a youngster also.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Skeeter! It looks like a daddy longlegs convention. I've never seen them do that before.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for your wonderful comments everyone! Hope you all had a nice Halloween....

    We took my parents to the beach and we had a great time together. Sure is quiet in the house now with them gone. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!