Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Inauguration Day 2013

BY SKEETER
All eyes are on Washington DC today, (Monday) as I type this. I was there during the Christmas Holidays when there were few to no crowds. I can only imagine the many thousands of people that are there today.   
One cannot help but notice security  all over the town to include, on top of the White House. In the opening picture, you shall notice a guard on top the roof.
I spotted this Wasp nest high in a Ginkgo tree by the gates of the property. After touring the Spy Museum, I can only wonder if this is indeed a Wasp Nest or a hidden camera keeping an eye on the many tourist outside the gates of the White House. 
My wonder comes from the fact the Wasp nest is so close to a Squirrels nest. Do they live in harmoney or is this a decoy? Poor tree had surgery.
I hope people snapping pictures of the White House take notice of the Veggie Garden on the grounds.
As well as the Bee Hive near the Garden.
Or another Spy Device. Hummmmm... 
Not one tourist walking by the Capitol Building on the morning we were there a few weeks ago.
These spots are filled today with people sharing in the celebration of seeing the President of the United States.
Eyes will be looking for the First Lady's gown at the Ball tonight.
I always enjoy seeing the First Gowns in the Smithsonian Museum.
As well as some of the Jewels worn on the night of Inauguration.
I am not in Washington DC today but I truly enjoy going to our Nations Capitol during Christmas with views such as this. May God Bless the USA....
Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

11 comments:

  1. Hi Skeeter. I love your sense of humor! I guess we'll never know if that IS a wasp's nest! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy, I think life is too short to take everything too seriously. hee hee...

      Delete
  2. What a nice share of the historic city during this time! Having never visited there I enjoy your pictures and discourse very much. Hmmmm on the wasps nest. It sure looks real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, I know that nest looks real, that is the thing, everything I saw in the Spy Museum looked real and not able to hold a camera. Did you know they put cameras in nails? Yes, an every day looking nail in the wall could very well be a camera watching you! I was amazed while in that museum but no pics allowed. Sigh....

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed your Washington trip. And I enjoyed your pictures even wondered about that sneaky looking wasp nest. It's a long time since I've been to our capitol city. Always found it inspiring...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Troutbirder, with family in the area, we visit our Nations Capitol often. I enjoy the low crowds during the holidays and off season's the best. I just dont like crowds much anymore...

      Delete
  4. That wasp nest sure looks real. We found a real hornet nest in N.C. one yr. It was very cool but in the trunk it went as I wanted it. Well guess what, Yep, you guessed it. Got warm in the trunk so when hubby started to take it out out came the little buzzers. So funny. It was displayed in my den for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see your photos of a quiet DC. It's been years since I've been there. Need to return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love visiting DC...so much to see and I you can never see it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe the hive was full of mini electronic drones, disguised as hornets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Les is funny. I like that the Obamas have the veggie garden and hives on the ground of the White House.

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!