Friday, May 30, 2014

A Cottage Garden Stuns All with Its Beauty


DSCN1061
As promised here are some more beautiful views in Christy M.'s garden. Views, especially the long shots, are important to me. It is nice to take in the whole garden, take in parts of the garden, and even to take in macro shots of the plants in a garden but for me I want to be wowed by my immediate surroundings. I want texture, color, and beauty. Christy's garden meets all of this and more.
DSCN1058
Don't you just love it?
DSCN1057
Peonies, weigelia, and irises-what a classic combination that is so beautiful.
DSCN1054
More of those views of color, texture, height differences, and defined plants.
DSCN1050
Here your eye is drawn past the deutizia to the rose in the distance. Wow.
DSCN1049
And the famous beloved garden cottage. This year's color theme in Christy's garden will match this cottage. Look for lots of red and yellow if you tour Christy's garden on June 14th with the Clarksville Montgomery County Master Gardeners.
DSCN1047
Penstemon, weigelia, and salvia.
DSCN1046
More peonies and long views.
DSCN1044
It takes my breath away. This is an old fashioned mock orange shrub. Word of warning, buy mock oranges when in bloom. Buying a mock orange in bloom will not guarantee you get a shrub that smells good but it can at least help. Many of the mock orange shrubs you can buy today do not have the wonderful scent they were known for in our grandparents day.

DSCN1041
Finally, one last long shot at the country garden cottage in Christy's garden....

in the garden....
Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Love Christy's garden! I shall be putting Weigelia on my list of things to look for at McCorkles next month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, the garden is beautiful with so many lovely plants, and your pictures are great! I love long views of gardens.
    The blog header image is absolutely wonderful! Just a fairyland picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That path just puts it all together. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great views and I love the path leading to the little cottage.

    I wish I had more long views in my own gardens, but alas, I have garden rooms.

    Happy gardening and thank you for sharing this lovely garden with us.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the garden and the cottage with it

    ReplyDelete
  6. would love to have you link your garden posts to Fishtail Cottage's garden party!!! (Thursdays ~ but I keep the party open thru the weekends) hope to see you! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!