Thursday, March 17, 2016

Georgia Pine Pollen

BY SKEETER

It is Azalea time here in my GEORGIA GARDENS! These two are always the first to bloom for me.

They are a bit early this year but to be expected with all this abnormally warm weather we have been having. The past 8 days have been in the 80's with some record breaking days!
I could not resist picking up a few Geraniums for the bicycle planter. The garden centers are starting to fill up with pretties in our area with this awesome weather.
With this warm weather comes pollen from the tall Georgia Pine Trees. Even though my gardens remain a bit soggy from past rainfall, a nice rainfall would wash out all this yellow mess. Hopefully we will not a repeat as the year I did another posting on Pine Pollen. Click HERE to see that blog. (Note: DO NOT become confused with the contest as this posting was made in 2010.)
A great surprise to me, the Crimson and Clover must have reseeded from last year! Happy day to me as I love this sweet red bloom and the fact that The Saint gave me the seeds  last year.
HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!
The double daffodils are now blooming.
I really do need to get them divided for more throughout the gardens. But even with the time change, there is only so many hours in a day. And with my large garden area to clean, daffy dividing is not high on the priority list.
The double daffodils are so pretty and full. 
I put one of the geraniums in with a Candy Tuft that did fine over winter in this pot.
I have a fern for the stump but it is on the front porch for now. We are expecting one more cold snap and I fear loosing it so I shall wait a bit. The stump is becoming hollow and this may be the last year I can put a Fern on top. I had to place a stone to keep it stable last year.
 I have also been doing a bit of painting. Giving some of the outdoor items a fresh coat of paint such as this little bird bath atop a milk can.
While out in the garden weeding today, I had a little friend. Well, if you look closely, you will see two little friends. Although, the snail is not really a friend of the garden. But I left it alone. Mums are starting to pop up from the ground.
Of course, I had to pick up and talk with the little box turtle though. It was so stinking cute. Just look at that little face. All together now, Awwwwwwww... The last I saw of this little friend, it was burrowing under the mulch of the small lilac bush.
As I called it a day and headed back into the house, I spotted this on the decking around the pool. Looks as though Ghost Footprints but not so. Just my footprints from the GEORGIA PINE POLLEN, In the Garden...

Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

4 comments:

  1. What a cute little turtle friend! I love your daffs and that 'bridal wreath', (?) shrub is beautiful.

    Hope the pollen gets washed away soon.

    Happy Spring ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww, it is a cute little turtle. Seeing that pine pollen makes me cringe. I am so allergic to it. I sneeze snarf cough etc when it is pollen time around here. some friend of mine just returned from FL and they commented about the pine pollen between snarfs. ha... I didn't feel too sorry for them since they had a good time in FL. ;) Your garden is coming right along. It won't be long and I too can put out some annuals. Crazy warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww-yes-it is cute! Never would've thought it. My that's a lot of pollen. Yucky. Love your bike!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is SO inspiring! I am slowly getting enthused about the yard & flower beds. Seeing your azaleas and dafs makes me hopeful that the dullness of winter is about gone here. I like the Crimson and Clover. Not sure I've ever seen it before...Winds were SO strong yesterday Maybe dried out some of the sogginess from the ground. Our grass was noticeably greener yesterday - like overnight!

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!