Saturday, September 22, 2007

Round Stones (Millstones?)


Hi everyone. I need some help. I am a member of Freecycle.org. Freecycle.org is an email organization which facilitates exchanges between members. The whole purpose of Freecycle is to keep things that would otherwise go to the landfill out of the landfill. Last night I picked up a pickup truck load of round stones that look like millstones but with edges like a gear (not smooth). Most all of them are broken in half but there are two that are whole. The gentleman I picked them up from (Tim) said the man who had his house before used them standing up on end to edge his garden. This sounds like a great idea but I was wondering what other people think would be a good purpose for them. They are concrete colored, about 5 inches thick and 18 in diameter. Just imagine a millstone cut in half. Let me know as I truly do not know where I will use them in the garden.......

3 comments:

  1. Post a picture of them so I can see what in the world you are talking about....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post a picture as soon as my husband brings them in his hardworking overloaded truck. He is not happy because I told him, "Honey you don't need a heavy duty truck." So he got a lightweight and now I found Freecycle so his truck is getting a workout like never before. He is now talking about adding an overload package and wants ME to research it-can you believe it? I mean, he does acquiesce (sp) when I overload the truck so what can he say?!

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!