Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Peepers are a Peeping!






If you are new to Tennessee or do not live near a pond it is possible you do not know the sound of spring peepers. They are, for me, one of life's most magical sounds because they tell me spring is near and all is well in our world

I don't remember ever hearing peepers before I moved here in 2001. In February of 2002 the chorus began and thus began my love for the sound of our friends, the spring peepers. I found a YouTube sound bite that can make you think you are outside listening to the very frogs I hear each evening. Listen to their music and picture catching fireflies and running barefoot through a fragrant field of grass....

in the garden....

Don't forget to check out the awesome giveaway I am sponsoring on this blog

Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

11 comments:

  1. It sure reminds me of my childhood & also N.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear some Peepers and I'm always amazed by the fireflies! I'd never seen them until we moved here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds from my childhood...thanks for the beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting...I await the peepers but it is too cod for them here... and ponds are stil frozen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. I took a video once of the sound of thousands of them all peeping at once in a newaby state part, Unfortunately I couldn't get it to load on blogger....:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE hearing the spring peepers. If I could record them I'd play it back every night when I sleep. So soothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me relaxed and sleepy....zzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tina,
    I enjoyed that. I just reread a book that I'd read a long time ago, which was published in 1955. Ruth Stout lived in New York, near Newtown Connecticut. She mentioned in the book how their driveway was part of the road to there, until they made a deal with to have their driveway moved in exchange for some stones on their property. Anyway, she mentioned the spring peepers letting her know when spring was near.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still hearing the sound of melting snow up here. Thanks for sharing your peepers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We really have a lot of frogs here too. Lots of noise all night long!!

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!