Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Azalea's and Iris in February

BY SKEETER

 It is February (well the last day but still February) here in my GEORGIA GARDENS. And Azalea's in my driveway island are in full bloom! 3 to 4 weeks early. Wow, just wow.
And look at my first (which was also my last) iris of the year. This is a repeat type iris that bloomed 4 different times for me last year! Last time it bloomed was December 15. I wish all my bloomers were repeat as I love color. I find it amazing that I have AZALEA'S AND IRIS DURING FEBRUARY, In the Garden...


Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

6 comments:

  1. So cool! I have a foot of snow still. 😣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep it Dawn. I don't want it... But I do enjoy seeing your pics of it though...

      Delete
  2. Wow!! The deer don't eat your azaleas? They are loving mine down at the pond. There's mainly nothing left of them now. Not a good thing at all. I love yours! And that iris is indeed a splendid color! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They eat some of them but they rarely bother these. These are in the driveway island... Strange but I do try to keep Liquid Fence on them and the others although, have not sprayed since fall. Need to get back at it. our herd is not in the yard much anymore. Too much growth around us. Mark saw one on the roadside dead this week. This one is usually blooming on my birthday so ahead of schedule for sure...

      Delete
  3. We aren't quite at your point yet but we aren't far behind. I had a forsythia blooming the past few days. Unheard of this time of year. The late narcissus is beginning to bloom. Crazy weathers. Fun to have blooms this time of year tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do enjoy early Springs as I am not a big fan of Winter. Just hope we don't have a late freeze to spoil it all...

      Delete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!