Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentines Day!

BY SKEETER
 Happy Valentines from my GEORGIA GARDENS, to yours.
 The Ever Red Loropetalum aka:Fringe Bush has a beautiful Red bloom that is very difficult for me to capture through a photo. But believe me, it is bright red and has a dark almost chocolate leaf. I planted 2 last fall and have 3 more yet to put into the ground. Maybe this weekend.
 My Royal Princess Nandina has beautiful Red Berries that no critter seems to want.
 And last but not least are the beautiful Nandina's in the Butterfly Garden.  
All I know about these beauties is, they were here when we moved into this house. I did move them to a better spot than the previous homeowners had placed them. I enjoy their beautiful Red Color on this HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, In the Garden...

Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

4 comments:

  1. And a happy Valentines Day to you! Wow on the red lorepetulums! I remember those when I was down there a few years ago. Love them! What a nice red post for Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. The saint and I avoid Valentines Day as we think it to be a silly Hallmark gimmick to make money. LOL, we did however created something neat in the garden. A later posting on that one to come....

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentines Day to you too Skeeter. I love those lorepetulums. I tried to grow one but it is too cold here for them. Those Nandina berries are poisonous. Thank goodness you don't have dogs. A friend of mine had Nandina in her new garden. She wasn't aware they were poisonous. Her dog got sick eating those berries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, dogs to nibble them and my cats are indoor only pampered gals. I assume that is why nothing has eaten them. Strange how birds and other critters of the wild seem to know which ones to eat and which ones to avoid... thanks for the info.

      Delete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!