Thursday, February 23, 2017

Crawlspace Platform

BY SKEETER
Sagina Grass/Irish Moss
 Today we shall revisit an area that I talked about in the past. Click HERE to see how this little area was created in my GEORGIA GARDENS.

This is a platform area by the crawlspace door of our house. I had planted Sagina grass aka: Irish Moss as this was an area by the AC unit. It was moist thus I thought it would do well.
Sagina Grass aka:Irish Moss
 It grew well in the beginning but once the heat of summer set in, the once pretty moss as you see above, all died away.
Thyme
The following year, I gave a Creeping Thyme a chance in this spot. Above you see it soon after planted.
Creeping Thyme
The Creeping Thyme was doing great until The Saint decided to put a little "Wet it and Forget it" on the siding of the house. He failed to rinse it off my plants below and it completely killed the thyme.
Gravel
Since I was wasting my time, energy and money on plants, I have decided to think outside my Gardening box. I have come up with the idea of gravel. 
 The gravel of choice is a Drainage type that is small enough to fit nicely into all the tight little nooks of the brick design. The Saint likes this idea much better as it makes it much easier for him to get under the  house when need be. I kind of wonder if that was not his plan all along when cleaning the siding of the house. Only he knows the answer to that question. Hum...

The saying goes, "Three's a Charm" and I hope this is the final bit of attention I must give to the CRAWLSPACE PLATFORM, In the Garden...


Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

8 comments:

  1. I like your arrangement of bricks and the gravel really sets off this design. You never know about these men working in the garden. They have their ways to get their way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But he is a good hole digger so I cannot run him out of the garden Lisa. LOL

      Delete
  2. Haha. Love your creativity! I have a crawlspace just like this one and I wish I were so creative as to create that brick design. It is quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed I forgot to clear the gravel from the top of one brick. LOL did you notice that? You have such talents girl, you know you can create a brick pattern....

      Delete
  3. Hide and watch - now you'll have some plant volunteer to fill in the space for you! Hopefully it will be a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, it looks good now but the vegetation was beautiful. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well your definitely persistent even when your plan is innocently damaged...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks nice. You can see the brick pattern this way and you did a great job creating the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!