Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Plant Labels (again)

BY SKEETER
 What does this gardener do when stuck inside during Winter Months? Make cookies?
 No, I make something for my GEORGIA GARDEN!
 Tina talked about making these Plant Labels a while back. CLICK HERE to see the process. I gave it a go some time ago and was not too happy with my results. I was not so great at rolling out the clay to make a nice shape. I found a cookie cutter and decided to give it a second try.
 It was not so practical to stain the labels in the sunroom of my house. But with lots of rain and cold temps, it worked for me with plastic below for drips.
A crafter must do what a crafter must do right? 
I can hardly wait to get these PLANT LABELS, in the Garden....

Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

12 comments:

  1. They look awesome! Love the shape of these. Great idea! The stain color is super too. You'll love them in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Skeeter! They remind me of the lovely address marker Tina made for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Skeeter. Those labels are so nice. You have been very busy. I can't wait to see how they look on the plants in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously thought these were ginger snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, Skeeter! I have been collecting ideas for new plant labels...instead of just pinning ideas on Pinterest, I should get busy and actually make some:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They remind me of chocolate biscuits. They're so cute! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look great, i have used various plant labels but you did great work in designing these. will surely used in my next garden design. http://landscapedesignauckland.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!