Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Coach In the Garden Hypertufa Workshop and a Lucky Facebook Winner!

DSCN5866
There was a lot of scooping and packing and molding yesterday....
DSCN5870
as a group of very nice people came together for a Coach In the Garden Hypertufa Workshop. 
DSCN5871
All of these lucky folks like my Coach In the Garden Facebook page and were privy to this workshop being held. They signed up immediately for it via Facebook. This was only the first of many workshops I plan to hold so don't despair if you were not in on the first one. These nice ladies were very kind to help me out and be my guinea pigs for how to effectively operate my first large workshop. And make no mistake, hypertufa workshops are a pretty big deal and require preparation-and some patient guests. I hope to post a picture of the completed pots on my Coach In the Garden Facebook page as soon as they are ready....
DSCN5873
Front Row L to R: Yvonne, Barbara,Ann
Back Row L to R: Christy, Eddie, Donna

in the garden....

Now to the winner of the free ticket to the Nashville Lawn and Garden Show. It is Wendy Y.! Wendy is a local reader so she will get the free ticket and plans to attend the show this Sunday. She was announced on my FB page after the drawing yesterday. I used random number generator to generate a number. Then I took that number and counted down the people who like my Facebook page to the right number (5) to determine the winner. Thanks to all my friends and readers of this blog who liked my page. Much appreciated!

For me, the blog, my business, and gardening is all intertwined-hence the business postings. Just thought you'd want to know. 



Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the workshop and can't wait to see how my hypertufa pot comes out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Christy! It was lots of fun for sure.

      Delete
  2. I sure would have come to a hypertufa class given by you!!! Glad you had a good turnout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like everyone is having fun. You must be a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure enjoyed this post. Would have been there if things were different. Congrats to the winner. Can't wait to see the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! You never seem to slow down do ya? I have a hypertufa pot full of cactus that you gave me! It is in the sunroom staying warm for winter then will return to the front porch this spring. I cant wait to see how the pots turn out. I wish I could have been there too as the smiles on the faces tell it all.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love hypertufa...how cool to hold those workshops...wish I lived closer as I would be attending many

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!