Friday, May 24, 2013

Garden Tour Week in Hopkinsville Concludes


DSCN7061
We'll finish touring Bill and Linda's garden today. I hope you have had as much fun as I did visiting this garden. The above pictured peony has to be the most unusual peony I've seen. I'd love to know its cultivar if anyone knows it. It was beautiful and did have the peony scent.
DSCN7060
In my last post I showed a long view to the house from the garden house. Here I show you the view from Bill and Linda's house toward their garden house. What a view!
DSCN7062
Here is yet another lovely view. Bill's garden had a great deal of hardscaping in the form of mini patios and many sidewalks to make wandering the garden an easy thing to do. You can just make out the sidewalk here. Isn't it a nice walk?
DSCN7064
Now this had to be my favorite walk. It was in the shade and yet so full of color and texture and plants. A lovely place to garden.
DSCN7065
Here you can clearly see Bill's knack for mixing up trees, shrubs, and perennials with some garden art. The vignette works.
DSCN7066
We'll finish with people pictures. Oftentimes I don't show people on this blog but I think people are special to show and am glad all of my friends did not mind me posting their pictures. Here is Linda, Bill, and Sandy in the garden.
DSCN7070
We finish with a group picture of the attendees from the Beachaven Garden Club and guest....
They are from left to right: Tina, Sandy, Irene, Diann, Helga, Naomi, Christy, Charene, Donna, Lili, and Vonna....

in the garden....
Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

17 comments:

  1. A beautiful garden. Thanks for taking us along. Your group look like true garden troopers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this garden and how neat that you visited it with friends. That peony is beautiful.

    Happy Gardening and have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi tina, thanks for showing Bill and Linda's wonderful garden. It is interesting to see photos of the relevant people as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sure was fun and what a great group of ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely...and the peony is beautiful. Tina what's your camera? Your photos are really nice. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures capture so much beauty here. I can't imagine the joy of seeing it first-hand!
    I have only one peony plant! It's full of buds and should flower out soon....Having seen this beautiful one, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always enjoy seeing the gardens you share. You go on a lot of nice garden tours. Good looking group of friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this beautiful garden with us, Tina. I bet you came home with lots of great ideas! The bear's breeches you showed in the last post is such an interesting plant; I first saw one on a garden tour, too, and would love to have room for one in my garden somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful tour of a beautiful garden and especially when shared with friends. Tina, I really like the mix of conifers and flowers. Over the years we have replaced more and more of our perennials_ the more labor intensive ones_ with evergreens. Sure makes sense as we grow a little older. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like I really did miss out on touring a beautiful garden :-( Thanks so much for sharing it and the invite extended to me. Love those peony and spotted many large ones while in TN. I had yet to move mine to a sunnier location...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tina. I still haven't joined a garden club. I should really look and see if there is one. Looks like he has some very beautiful groupings. Thanks for taking us along. Peonies are some of my favorite garden flowers you know...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love garden tours. That peony looks beautiful. I imagine it's an old fashioned cultivar since the newer ones are bred for colour and form not scent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tour. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And it's also good to know the "crew"! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A special place for sure... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, that peony flat our makes me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I knew what peony that is...we had very old fashioned ones at our old house and I never took any...it looked very similar and was heavenly scented.

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!