Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Community Yard Sale

BY SKEETER
 The County in which I reside here in GEORGIA, had a Community Wide Yard Sale. This sale was located at our Fair Grounds. Since the Fair Grounds are across the street from where we live, we just had to drop by to check it out. I came home with a few things for the garden.
 This plastic birdbath which fooled me into thinking it was iron, was a mere $5.00.
 This decorative piece still had the price on it of $15.99 from the store in which it was purchased. I gave $5.00 for it. The Clay pipe was a dollar as was the tin wall basket! 
 I gave $3.00 for this little table. It is not in the best shape but I can reuse the frame and make my own top for it.  
These two iron stakes will have a vine growing on them some day. $2.00 each. And the iron chair was $3.00!
 Even though all my purchases were bargains, this was the bargain of the day for me. One single dollar brought this Gnome home!
A fresh coat of patio paint and now the toads in my garden have a new place to call home! I have one more grand bargain but I failed to snap a photo of it today. I shall save that treat for another day so stay tuned... The Saint and I were very pleased with the COMMUNITY YARD SALE, In the Garden...

Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some goodies at great prices. I love the table, and the plastic bird bath fooled me too.

    Way to go ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good buys!@ I especially like the iron buys as metal in a garden is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great deals. Love everything you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got quite a haul there, Skeeter! I have a birdbath exactly like this one, but I paid full price for it:) It does look like iron from a distance. I will warn you, it is lightweight enough to blow over, though maybe the wind isn't as strong in your area. Mine blew over so many times that after a couple of years it cracked. But I'm still using it--as a planter instead of a birdbath now.

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!