Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Little Things

By SKEETER It seems that we are cutting down a tree every time we turn around in my Georgia Gardens. We do not like cutting trees but sometimes we have no choice in the matter. Lightening strikes, Winter Ice storms and Disease are the main reasons for our tree cutting. At times we find surprises with the trees such as Wild Grapevine and Baby Squirrels. With our most recent tree cutting, we found this neat knot hole bark piece. I came up with an idea for this interesting piece of nature. Can you see it within this picture? Okay, I have circled the knot hole in this picture. And here is a close-up picture of the knot hole! The plan is to take the eye off the missing top part of this tree and put the eye on the hole. Three nails secure the bark onto a tree wrapped in Jasmine. I hope a Wren calls this hole home some day. I am not sure how long this bark will remain in place as it will dry out in time. This was a simple thing to incorporate into my garden. I enjoy the LITTLE THINGS, In the Garden... Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

10 comments:

  1. You are too clever Skeeter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to second Racquel-quite clever! I do hope a little wren nests there soon. That would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever Tina... who would have ever thought of this. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. House Guests just left and I have a ton of stuff to do to get the house back to normal. We had a blast and now the house is too quiet, sigh....

    That knot hole sat propped up by the tree for a long time before the idea came to mind. I love my knot hole now…

    I shall chat when I get a chance. Everyone have a great day…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning all.
    Great idea Skeeter. That is the perfect place for a little wren. One made a home in a pot on my potting table. I saw 3 little eggs in the nest. Hopefully there will be babies soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that bark lasts a long time. What a perfect little home for some lucky bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever, Skeeter! I hope a wren finds it the perfect place to build a nest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skeeter girl that is really neat !
    It would seem the perfect place to nest .. now how did you ever think of that ? .. I love the wrap around greenery to it all as well .. it all seems just a natural turn of events .. serendipity ? LOL
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!