Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bloggers Fling: B.B. Barnes

BY SKEETER
 
What better way to end the day then to have both buses full of Garden Bloggers pull into a garden center! B.B. Barnes is not your average run of the mill garden center. (Click HERE to see more Garden Centers through Explore Asheville).We were treated to yummy goodies which I failed to capture through the camera lens. The hospitality of the employees was most gratifying.  
 I had the best time strolling around looking at the plants.
             
This tree caught my eye. 
Look at the interesting pine cones it produces.
               
The Saint dragged me away from my strolling to show me this one. Look at the top of this beauty.
A birds nest of pine cones! How cool is that... 
I like the way the plants are displayed.
 I felt as though I were in a Public Garden rather then a Garden Center.
 The Displays were just stunning.
 I wanted this wagon for my gardens!
 How neat to have a cold frame filled with goodies.
 Stone with blooming beauties.
 And examples of enchanting Fairy gardens!
 Every thing one needs to create a lovely setting in the garden.
A great place for a tired Bus Driver to take a little nap. I was most impressed with B.B. BARNES, In the Garden...

Finally, we have completed Day One of the Garden Bloggers Spring Fling....

Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

13 comments:

  1. I liked BB Barnes too! All the plants I brought home are doing well even after being cooked in my new car. The wine and goodies here were a real treat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished I had snapped a pic of you with all your plants coming out the door. That would have made for a good ending. I am glad your beauties survived their sauna time in the new car. Hope that smell left the car too…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved BB Barnes (and the wonderful goodies.) Unfortunately (or fortunately) I am only about an hour away so I will get in lots of trouble from here on out. Funny enough, I didn't know the garden center was there until our visit. A bad thing for the pocketbook...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Skeeter. I really like your tour of this nursery. It really looks marvelous. I could have gotten quite a few myself as I say some I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great nursery...displays like this makes it easy to spend your money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to visit B.B.Barns every single time we go to Asheville. It is like visiting a garden more than a retail store. I am so glad you enjoyed it!

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the way they display all the plants. Does make it look like a garden but I am sure most everone spends more money with them like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I loved those displays! Especially the fairy gardens--I have always wanted to do one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, that looks like a garden center that I'd really have fun with! I found one like that recently, and couldn't figure out how I had managed to avoid it for the last 8 years we've been living here! Trust me, I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That wagon is fantastic!

    http://www.flowersforums.com/ruth/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this garden center...makes you want to buy, buy, buy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish we had a garden center of this size close by!!

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!