Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mid Spring Blooms From Tiger Gardens


DSCN6457
I've been so busy working on our new land that I have forgotten about my first love-Tiger Gardens. It's a good thing Tiger Gardens hasn't forgotten me. Like all springs in the garden the flowers just keep on coming and are most forgiving of the gardener when she is not around. 

Without further ado let me introduce to you a WONDERFUL type of bearded iris called Standard Dwarf Bearded (SDB) iris. I have five colors and can't get enough of them. They are most floriferous and don't need to be divided as often as the bearded irises. These irises look good most of the year.
DSCN6451
Dogtooth violets, Erythromium 'Pagoda' are wonderful woodland plant!

DSCN6468
Another SDB (a gift from my garden friend Helga).

DSCN6448
Snowflakes, aka Leucojum aestivum.
DSCN6447
Old Fashioned bleeding hearts.
DSCN6442
Lamium galeobdolon.
DSCN6438
Trilliums in my woodland garden are a reminder of the forest I love so much. This is Trillium cuneatum surrounded by white petals from 'Nuccio's Gem' camelia that rises above the trilliums.
DSCN6435
Virginia bluebells.

DSCN6467
More SDBs. The only color missing from the line up in today's post is a light blue. That one blooms a bit later than these other colors (white with purple, purple with dark purple, peach, and dark purple)-I do know the names but they escape me for the moment-sorry!

DSCN6433
Candytuft, aka Iberis sempervirens is a wonderful evergreen perennial that does well in a raised bed in part shade to sun.
DSCN6432
Pieris japonical along with its pals the aucubas are happy in the front center garden.
DSCN6430
Late blooming daffodils keep me busy enjoying their fragrance and their beauty.
DSCN6427
This garden is a garden I feast my eyes upon all day long as it is in the frontyard. The peach irises are more STBs. They make a good match with 'Caramel' heuchera.
DSCN6426
Finally, Viburnum 'Mohawk' is a delight....

in the garden....
Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

12 comments:

  1. Hi Tina...All of your blooms look so pretty. I love all your dwarf Iris and we will definitely swap some of them. I love the Virginia Bluebells and have always wanted them in my garden but didn't think they would grow here...(not sure why). However, there is something coming up in one of the front beds and the foliage looks just like V. Bluebells. I left it alone and wouldn't it be wonderful if it was a V. Bluebell!!!! (or something nice!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Christy! Fingers crossed it is a bluebell! One day I'll have to take you to where they grow on base in PROFUSION next to a stream. So beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Love those unique looking iris! Their colors are so stunning.... I have a second color opening now but have yet to snap a pic of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,
    Everything is just looking so beautiful. I just love, love, love spring! Keep the photos coming! Oh, and don't worry, your garden will be forgiving about the new place. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Randy! Most of my old garden is heading to the new place so I hope they both manage the move-it's me that I'm really more worried about! Just dug a dozen shrubs/trees. Now to plant away...

      Delete
  4. Wow, what beauties you have growing in your gardens. How exciting to be moving things from an old garden to a new one. I hope everything survives and takes off nicely in the new garden.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love my SDBs. I have light blue, maroon and yellow I think. I love them too but I do not have all those colors. I may need to find that lovely purple and peach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SDB is a name I'll remember beautiful and perhaps less top heavy..._ I can't wait for my woodland wildflowers. Everything is way behind schedule here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! You look more like spring all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Caramel and peach iris combo---I will have to try that. It's funny, you are really ahead on some things like iris and viburnum and the same as us for others like bleedin-heart and VA bluebells.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly have a lot blooming right now! I thought I had Mohawk, turns out it is Eskimo. Silly me. I am enjoying Candytuft in my garden, such a long bloom time!!

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!