Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Largest Perennial Plant Sale in Middle Tennessee and New Beginnings-A Baby!

DSCN6299
Are you looking for a new start this spring? Perhaps you might think your garden needs a pick me up-or perhaps even you might need a pick me up! What better way than to go shopping? 
DSCN6294
And since we are mostly all gardeners on this blog what is better than shopping for plants this time of the year? This Saturday, April 6th at exactly 9:00 AM the Perennial Plant Society of Middle Tennessee will be holding its annual plant sale at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville. This is your ticket to fun and good buys! There is no charge for admission to the sale. You will want to come early as the selection of plants and reputation of this large plant sale is legend. 
DSCN6295
New beginnings in your garden and perhaps new beginnings for some outstanding perennials such as the ones pictured above. In order from top to bottom are: scilla, candytuft, and an herbaceous peony. You can find some of these plus many more at the sale. Check this link for more information. 
DSCN6217
Speaking of new beginnings, we just welcomed our third grandchild to the family on March 24th. This Easter we were able to all visit together. Pictured above are my two oldest children-Elizabeth on the left holding her new baby Everleigh, and Christine on the right holding her nearly sixteen month old daughter Adella....

in the garden....

Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

17 comments:

  1. Yes, everyone should go out and shop for plants because the nurseries are struggling with this cold weather. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I think your daughters look like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Carolyn! Everyone says the same about the girls and I. Now if only I could lose a little weight...

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful girls!! If only Tennessee were closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new granddaughter! Oh, what a joyous Easter you must have had, Tina!

    If I lived closer, I'd definitely be making plans to attend your plant sale; sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new grand! I can see you in your daughters! I am going to miss this sale~boo- I am in a Tennessee naturalist class until late in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new sweet granddaughter. Glad you were all able to be together this Easter.

    I know you'll come home with lots of goodies to the plant sale. At our local botanical garden sale, they've raised the entry price from $5 to $10. Wish it was free, but I can't go anyway as I work. I can buy plants at the botanical garden on certain days so will check it out then, to see what they have. Prices are supposed to be good.

    Happy Gardening ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina...what a wonderful family you have! Since I just went to Mary's Greenhouse, I won't be attending this sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tis the season for plant sales, for sure! In Memphis, our first biggie is this weekend (April 5-6) at the Dixon Gallery and Gardens. Anyone who lives in the mid-south should try to come. There is no fee for admission. A complete listing of the plants for sale is on their web site. And what a beautiful bunch of girls! Congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new grand baby! We welcomed our third grandchild also into the world on March 7th -- I guess spring and new beginnings are in the air (if not the weather this COLD morning!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous spring blooms and a new baby! Congratulations. Your grandchildren are adorable and have such wonderful names too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new grand daughter!
    I hope my candytuft looks that good soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Gramma. They are so sweet...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. March is such a great month for birthdays! Congrats on number 3...

    I have already been to the garden centers and shopped! I came home with tomato slips, petunia, caladium, vinca and thyme. Got it all in the ground today! I have been a busy gal and full of energy with spring busting open here.... Loving it... Have fun at the sale...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww the kids are adorable. Congrats to you and the new momma. Our MG sale is a big one in our area, a fun event too. The scilla looks pretty popping up through the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, tina! Your grandchildren are really adorable! And their mamas, your daughters, look great. I was in Kansai for a while and have just read your recent posts. I was really surprised to know about your move. Looking forward to the peony blooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tina, this is a year of change for you -- all good, it seems. Enjoy those dear young ones.

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!