Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tulips and the Winners!

 BY SKEETER
 I have Tulips in my GEORGIA GARDENS! Tina talked about tulips yesterday so you have learned that tulips will return in time, after a little vacation. I have purple tulips that keep returning for me year after year since planting them back in 2009. I planted many tulips that year but the Voles ate all but these which were in a different planter then the Vole's meal of tulips.
 Lets go in for a closer look shall we... Ah, look at all that pollen on this tulip.
 Not as much pollen in this tulip but still putting off the yellow dust.
 Don't ya just love the Macro settings on a camera? I do...
And a bonus photo of a Columbine bloom in the same planter as the tulips.
 Now, the moment you have been waiting for....
Out came The Saint's Magic German Hat and placed within, were all the names of the commenters of my Blogiversary Giveaway Posting.  


I sat the Magic Hat on a chair for a Photo Op and my little Fur-baby, Cheetah jumped upon the chair with the hat. Yesterdays Fur Cut did not turn out so well. That happens when you clip cats as they are wiggle worms with sharp claws!
 I could not believe it but Cheetah decided she was going to pick out the names of the winners! Yes, it was a cute sight that I was able to capture with a photo!
 The first name out, FLOWERLADY! The second name out of the Magic Hat, REBECCA! I found this ironic as these ladies were the first and second commenters of the post! And I DID mix the names WELL, within the hat.
Congrats to Flowerlady and Rebecca for your wins. I shall get your gifts in the mail as soon as possible...
I hope you enjoy these little frogs, In the Garden...

Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

16 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners! Cheetah did a great job of selection:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose, it was so cute to see her do this for me...

      Delete
  2. Hi Skeeter...that is so funny that your cat picked out the names!! I'm so sorry but I just had to laugh at the fur cut. I bet trying to do that cut was quite a job!!! Cheetah does not look happy about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is funny to clip the cats! Cheetahs clip did not do well and we had to remove her mane so she looks funny. Sheba allowed us to do a pretty good job on her so she looks like a lion with her mane intact. I have a touch of OCD and like a clean house and flying fur does not fit well in my décor. LOL na, the main issue is they get really bad furballs from grooming their long silky fur. It looks as though it is painful for them to cough up the furballs so with clipping them, it keeps the fur balls to a minimum and therefore I think a more healthy kitty... Cheetah is a happy kitty but does not like mommy putting that camera in her face all the time, hence the odd look at the camera...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Purple is my favorite color and I was happy that when loosing so many tulips to Voles that the purple ones survived...

      Delete
  4. What a pretty dark purple tulip! Cheetah did an awesome job picking the names and congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, it was so funny the way she just jumped up there and pulled out two names! As if I had asked her to do that for me. It was cute...

      Delete
    2. Do you know why the words are along the side of the one pic? I went in to correct it but cannot figure out how to change it. I was able to correct such mistakes when the old format but now with new format, I am lost.. Sigh...

      Delete
  5. Congrats to the ladies! Love your tulips! I just have horrible luck with them. :0(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tulips and columbine.

    Thank you to Cheetah for pawing my name out of the magic German hat. :-)

    I'll be watching for the sweet frog couple in my mail box. A sweet gift at this time especially.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see tulips..congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well at least your cat is earning its keep!
    Congrats to Flowerlady and Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm SO excited! Thank you in advance (I'm not sure I've ever won ANYthing before)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy for your win Rebecca! I shall have your gift in the mail as soon as possible! :-)

      Delete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!