Monday, January 14, 2008

Perennial Plant Society

This month's speaker at the Perennial Plant Society's monthly meeting will be Tom Harper. The title of Mr. Harper's program is "Orchid Culture for the Home". According to The Perennial Post, the Perennial Plant Society's monthly newsletter, Mr. Harper is an accredited American Orchid Society judge and has traveled from coast to coast speaking about orchids. The meeting begins tomorrow evening with refreshments at 6:30 pm, and the program will start at 7:00 pm at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens in Nashville.

Membership dues for the Perennial Plant Society are $20 per year, and a better deal I have not been able to find-so take advantage of these great programs. Meetings are the third Tuesday of each month at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. The new year for the society has just begun-which reminds me-gotta go pay my dues!

in the garden....

4 comments:

  1. Tina: Thanks for visiting my snowy garden! It was chilly, but not real cold today so taking pictures was exhilarating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Layanee. Your blog caught my eye because of its name. I am from the coast of Maine and anything with Ledge in it, brings me around. Loved the pictures. My family still lives there and they have a bunch too. I sometimes miss the snow, but not really because I want to garden all year!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably won't be attending the meeting tonight, but thanks for inviting me to it. Orchids just aren't something I'm interested in right now!

    Cheekwood is probably an hour away from us so it's not real close but not too out of the way to attend if something really interesting pops up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. I'm not going either but I will let you know each month what the subject is and who the speaker is. I promise, you will not be disappointed. One hour is not too far to drive. I drive that two times each week to go to school and the PPS in Nashville. But, I would do anything for gardening. :)Hope you can come next month.

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!